Monday, August 20, 2012

Teacher. For Illustration Friday

Finally back on track after a couple of weeks of general busy businessiosity. (Look it up. I should start my own Dictionary.)
Fortunately, I could do something quick and expressive on my iPad.
Almost forgot about “Paper” app by “53.” I've had it since it came out in the spring. http://www.fiftythree.com/paper
It’s very paired down and simple and elegant. I love the way the little
sketch books open and flip through. (I’m thinking it might be fun to actually try and make a little “flip book” in the app and see what would happen as you scroll back and forth. The app is almost over simple, though, with a very limited color palette for instance. But, I still like the feel of pen and ink and loose watercolor. Not for high res either.
Oh, and the “Teacher” image. Not sure what part of the subconscious that came from. Maybe the part that saw a brief bit of the Little League World series the other day. Absolutely fun stuff to watch if you've never seen it. The range of maturity both physically and mentally is a joy to see.
The awkwardness still underlying the advanced baseball skills makes for
“anything-can-happen-and-usially-does” excitement.

4 comments:

  1. Ha! I was drawing during the Little League World Series this weekend! Love the "looseness" of this drawing & your application of color. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so animated ,wow! Has a fun element and the free flowing strokes give it such a lightness! Love it!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mit, Sujata, Katarzyna! Thanks for the "animated" comment, Sujata. I get that alot.
    I like that.

    ReplyDelete