Wednesday, August 29, 2012

“TALL” for Illustration Friday

Don’t get me wrong, I don’t mind being somewhat tall. I have found it funny, though, how really invisible you can be while being over 6' 4". Especially in a crowd. When most people are eye level to your mid section, that’s what they see. Whether it’s that old stain from the usual couch meal, or just the latest expanse of girth above the belt, what more “average” height people see of a tall person is akin to a blank canvas. I guess it just goes to show, like that line from the old “Jack Handey, Deep Thoughts” books, “The face of a child can say it all, especially the mouth part of the face.” If people can’t see or hear your “mouth part,” or look you in the eyes, you might as well be invisible. From my perspective, though, that’s not always a bad thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment